Skip to main content

Magical Moment 577, "Hang On"

"I never see that prettiest thing,
A cherry bough gone white with Spring.
But what I think, 'How gay twould be,
to hang me from a flowering tree.'"
-Dorothy Parker

"I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it."
-Charles M. Shulz

"Anything large enough for a wish to light upon, is large enough to hang a prayer upon."
-George MacDonald

"Hang in there like fruit, my soul, till the tree die."
-William Shakespeare

"You may break, you may shatter the vase, if you will,
but the scent of the roses will hang round it still."
-Thomas More

~~~

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
nice! that one blossom is like a party decoration! :)
Such beautiful photos accompanied by perfect quotations. And I love the new header.
Charles Shultz' secret of life, ha!
Beautiful! You show beautiful pics with great quotes!
Amy Joy Lamson said…
I too enjoy reading your blog. Creativity always inspires me!
Busy Bee Suz said…
Gorgeous photos and quotes too! A feast for the eyes and soul.
xo
Kalyan Panja said…
simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Moment 620, "Lilac Garden"

Eddie and I visited the Lilac Gardens at Ringwood Manor in New Jersey, a pristine and beautiful state park with 8 species of lilacs and several varieties within. We went on a rainy afternoon, which turned out perfect because the rain stopped for us when we got there, and began again as soon as we left. It also decorated the plants with gorgeous rain drops, adding to their beauty.  And now for a quick game of "Where's Elizabeth?" And "Where's Eddie?" ~~Have a great weekend! ~~

Magical Moment 625, "Thailand - the Elephants"

Needless to say, my favorite part of our Thailand vacation, was our week long volunteering at  Elephant Nature Park ! The logging industry was banned in Thailand in 1989, leaving thousands of elephants unemployed. These elephants are now used for tourism. You may have heard of elephant shows featuring the animals playing soccer or painting pictures with their trunks. They are no doubt amazing to watch, but the sad truth is that these elephants have gone through a series of torture and abuse to "break their spirit" by their trainers. This short clip is very hard to watch, but it will give you an idea of what the elephants in captivity in the country of Thailand go through. The only elephants in Thailand who do  not  endure this, are the very few baby elephants who are first generation born in "safe captivity" at places like Elephant Nature Park. Every other elephant at this park has been brutally abused. Some have been blinded by their owners, le...

Magical Moment 611, "Great is Your Reward"

Certain sounds and smells can bring to mind a long forgotten memory. For me, certain Bible verses can conjure up a memory, long, but not so forgotten. If you grew up like me, in a private Christian school, attending Sunday School, Awanas, and Vacation Bible School regularly, you're an expert at quoting Scripture. I laugh in the face of Bible "Sword Drill." I can find a Scripture reference in 3 seconds or less. When other's have to think to themselves the sequential order, "Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians..." I'm already at I Thessalonians. It's like growing up bi-lingual. The skill is just there. This morning, I read the first 3 words of a verse, and then finished it quickly by memory. Like the pledge of allegiance, it was automatic. "Trust in the Lord... ...With all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6 When I finished, I ...