Skip to main content

Magical Moment 603, "Shetlands and Sheep"

Driving along the stretched out country roads of Texas, I did a double take when I saw shetland ponies and sheep sharing the same pasture! I made Eddie do a u-turn so I could take a few shots and share them with you all. Is there anything more adorable than shetland ponies?! 


Comments

TexWisGirl said…
they are pretty cute. so many of them are not so nice, though! :)
When I saw your post title, I thought it was going to be about Joy (your Shetland sheep dog) interacting with some sheep. So I was disappointed not to see your ever-interesting canine companion, but not so disappointed as to not enjoy the photos of the ponies and sheet together. :)
ds said…
Especially when they are wearing their extra-fuzzy winter coats!
Anonymous said…
No, nothing more adorable really. I'm pleased you stopped.
absolutely gorgeous and heavenly indeed!
Slamdunk said…
Great shots. We have a farmer that has the same arrangement in one of his pastures.
So cute! Glad you took the pics for us....and you to remember them
Busy Bee Suz said…
They are the cutest ever! So glad you insisted on Eddie turning around and so glad he did! Love those Texas skies too!
Steve Gravano said…
Beautiful, I love that red/brown pony in the second photo. What a coat!
Deborah said…
I've known a few shetlands, they have such a lot of character. Great photo's :o)
Rick said…
It's been quite a while since I've seen Shetland ponies - great shots, Elizabeth, and amazing color and contrast in that 2nd shot !

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Moment 620, "Lilac Garden"

Eddie and I visited the Lilac Gardens at Ringwood Manor in New Jersey, a pristine and beautiful state park with 8 species of lilacs and several varieties within. We went on a rainy afternoon, which turned out perfect because the rain stopped for us when we got there, and began again as soon as we left. It also decorated the plants with gorgeous rain drops, adding to their beauty.  And now for a quick game of "Where's Elizabeth?" And "Where's Eddie?" ~~Have a great weekend! ~~

Magical Moment 625, "Thailand - the Elephants"

Needless to say, my favorite part of our Thailand vacation, was our week long volunteering at  Elephant Nature Park ! The logging industry was banned in Thailand in 1989, leaving thousands of elephants unemployed. These elephants are now used for tourism. You may have heard of elephant shows featuring the animals playing soccer or painting pictures with their trunks. They are no doubt amazing to watch, but the sad truth is that these elephants have gone through a series of torture and abuse to "break their spirit" by their trainers. This short clip is very hard to watch, but it will give you an idea of what the elephants in captivity in the country of Thailand go through. The only elephants in Thailand who do  not  endure this, are the very few baby elephants who are first generation born in "safe captivity" at places like Elephant Nature Park. Every other elephant at this park has been brutally abused. Some have been blinded by their owners, le...

Magical Moment 611, "Great is Your Reward"

Certain sounds and smells can bring to mind a long forgotten memory. For me, certain Bible verses can conjure up a memory, long, but not so forgotten. If you grew up like me, in a private Christian school, attending Sunday School, Awanas, and Vacation Bible School regularly, you're an expert at quoting Scripture. I laugh in the face of Bible "Sword Drill." I can find a Scripture reference in 3 seconds or less. When other's have to think to themselves the sequential order, "Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians..." I'm already at I Thessalonians. It's like growing up bi-lingual. The skill is just there. This morning, I read the first 3 words of a verse, and then finished it quickly by memory. Like the pledge of allegiance, it was automatic. "Trust in the Lord... ...With all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6 When I finished, I ...