Skip to main content

Magical Moment 342, "The Piano"

This day was truly amazing. After months of preparation, I took my place at the piano bench behind a plexiglass window and recorded the piano for my album.

With complete focus and concentration, I played along with the full band and orchestra that played in my ears. When I pounded the final chord of the final song I pressed my fingers firmly down on the keys. Gradually, the sound faded into silence and I lifted my fingers from the keyboard. Suddenly I felt like soaring. It had all come together and I, Miss anal-retentive, knit-picky, perfectionist, was pleased with our work for the day.

Should you purchase the album when it is finished this early spring (and I hope that you do), listen closely to each song. For I’m certain that underneath the numerous musical instruments playing, the microphone in the sound booth must have picked up the intense beating of my heart.





My posts as I chronicle my album recording with Modern Vintage Recordings:


Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, how exciting!!! I will definitely be purchasing and almost do hope to hear your heart beating. Passsion like that is in and of itself a beautiful thing!
Valencia said…
I'll not only hear the beat of your heart but I'll see your professional look of contented pleasure. A photo of you on the case or cover would be good too! Congratulations!
Dawn said…
I am so happy and proud for you! WHAT an accomplishment! What an achievement!
Cannot wait to hear the passion as you lived through the music.
congratulations!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Moment 620, "Lilac Garden"

Eddie and I visited the Lilac Gardens at Ringwood Manor in New Jersey, a pristine and beautiful state park with 8 species of lilacs and several varieties within. We went on a rainy afternoon, which turned out perfect because the rain stopped for us when we got there, and began again as soon as we left. It also decorated the plants with gorgeous rain drops, adding to their beauty.  And now for a quick game of "Where's Elizabeth?" And "Where's Eddie?" ~~Have a great weekend! ~~

Magical Moment 625, "Thailand - the Elephants"

Needless to say, my favorite part of our Thailand vacation, was our week long volunteering at  Elephant Nature Park ! The logging industry was banned in Thailand in 1989, leaving thousands of elephants unemployed. These elephants are now used for tourism. You may have heard of elephant shows featuring the animals playing soccer or painting pictures with their trunks. They are no doubt amazing to watch, but the sad truth is that these elephants have gone through a series of torture and abuse to "break their spirit" by their trainers. This short clip is very hard to watch, but it will give you an idea of what the elephants in captivity in the country of Thailand go through. The only elephants in Thailand who do  not  endure this, are the very few baby elephants who are first generation born in "safe captivity" at places like Elephant Nature Park. Every other elephant at this park has been brutally abused. Some have been blinded by their owners, le...

Magical Moment 584, "Conversation with Willie"

I opened the glass door of the retail store and walked inside, eyes immediately drawn to the mannequins donning outfits I could never pull off. Yet I couldn't keep my fingers from running over the fabrics displayed on racks that were laid out, row after row around me. Months of penny pinching and shopping-deprivation made me like a hungry child in a bakery. My arms were full of clothes in mere moments. A sales clerk politely offered her assistance and asked my name.  "Elizabeth," I told her. "I'm Willie," She replied with a slight southern accent, cheerfully as if we were about to become best friends. She was an older black woman who I noticed was just as attentive to all the customers in her section. Animated and friendly, Willie drew my complete attention as she continued, "Elizabeth, I can remember that. That's my sister's middle name. Her first name is Mary," she explained. Before I could help it, I told her that my first name was actu...