Skip to main content

Magical Moment 32, "Sparrow"

"Sparrow" is a song I wrote last summer to help me with my ridiculous battle with stage fright. I know it seems like a silly thing to worry about, but to me, the fear is sometimes paralyzing. The song reminds me that no fear or problem is too small for God to care about. After all, He cares about the sparrow. To hear a recording go to
Click on Sparrow in the right hand box and press play.
To see a video, scroll down.
I hope you enjoy it!

Sparrow words and music by Elizabeth Grimes Copyright 2009

I’ve had fear in my heart for way too long.
And I’ve convinced myself that it’s not wrong.
But, Lord I know that when I’m honest, I read it long ago.
It said, “You need not worry, my child, for I watch the sparrow.”
I believe that You can calm a raging sea.
Lord, I remember all the times you’ve taken care of me.
So take this worry and throw it far from my heart.
Never to return. Faith like a child. Today it starts.

Sparrow! Sparrow!
The sparrow doesn’t worry about the food he eats.
So how much more should I believe You’ll take care of me.

All the fear inside is too great a burden to bare.
Even the flower doesn’t worry ‘bout what she’s gonna wear.
So teach me a lesson from these creatures so trusting and so free.
I’ll rest my cares in You as You take care of me.

Sparrow! Sparrow!
The sparrow doesn’t worry about the food he eats.
So how much more should I believe You’ll take care of me.
Sparrow. Sparrow.

Comments

Debbie said…
Beautiful, but I didnt know you had stage fright, you always are wonderful when I hear you sing

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Moment 620, "Lilac Garden"

Eddie and I visited the Lilac Gardens at Ringwood Manor in New Jersey, a pristine and beautiful state park with 8 species of lilacs and several varieties within. We went on a rainy afternoon, which turned out perfect because the rain stopped for us when we got there, and began again as soon as we left. It also decorated the plants with gorgeous rain drops, adding to their beauty.  And now for a quick game of "Where's Elizabeth?" And "Where's Eddie?" ~~Have a great weekend! ~~

Magical Moment 625, "Thailand - the Elephants"

Needless to say, my favorite part of our Thailand vacation, was our week long volunteering at  Elephant Nature Park ! The logging industry was banned in Thailand in 1989, leaving thousands of elephants unemployed. These elephants are now used for tourism. You may have heard of elephant shows featuring the animals playing soccer or painting pictures with their trunks. They are no doubt amazing to watch, but the sad truth is that these elephants have gone through a series of torture and abuse to "break their spirit" by their trainers. This short clip is very hard to watch, but it will give you an idea of what the elephants in captivity in the country of Thailand go through. The only elephants in Thailand who do  not  endure this, are the very few baby elephants who are first generation born in "safe captivity" at places like Elephant Nature Park. Every other elephant at this park has been brutally abused. Some have been blinded by their owners, le...

Magical Moment 611, "Great is Your Reward"

Certain sounds and smells can bring to mind a long forgotten memory. For me, certain Bible verses can conjure up a memory, long, but not so forgotten. If you grew up like me, in a private Christian school, attending Sunday School, Awanas, and Vacation Bible School regularly, you're an expert at quoting Scripture. I laugh in the face of Bible "Sword Drill." I can find a Scripture reference in 3 seconds or less. When other's have to think to themselves the sequential order, "Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians..." I'm already at I Thessalonians. It's like growing up bi-lingual. The skill is just there. This morning, I read the first 3 words of a verse, and then finished it quickly by memory. Like the pledge of allegiance, it was automatic. "Trust in the Lord... ...With all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6 When I finished, I ...