Saturday, July 10, 2010

Magical Moment 156, "My Debut in Time Square"

The first time I saw the lights of Times Square in the heart of Manhattan, my jaw dropped in disbelief. My eyes wandered to the sky as I searched for the top of buildings that seemed to go on and on forever. I was surrounded by theaters, restaurants, music, cars, and people. There is almost no use in attempting to describe what I saw, because there is nothing I could say that would do it justice. I felt like an insignificant ant, swarming in the midst of hundreds of other ants, with skyscrapers for blades of grass that sprang up from the ground, and pavement for dirt.

I was so pleased to see that 2 pianos had been placed in Times Square for the Play Me, I'm Yours project. As I sat down to play, I remember thinking how absolutely surreal it was that I was there. In the Big Apple. Doing what I love. I hope in my future, there are many more moments of that feeling.

To see more photos from Play Me, I'm Yours, click here.
To see more videos, click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! Who would have thought 20 years ago that the little girl that could barely sit still for a 30 minute lesson would be playing in Time Square. Hold your chin up and be proud of yourself. Anita

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Anita, I would never have had these experiences if it weren't for your service and willingness to put up with little brats like me! Thanks for reading my blog. I really hope you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Pianos across the city is a fantastic idea!!! I hope you get to play all of them. You can bring such joy and happiness to complete strangers. Way to pay it forward, Beth!!
-ro