Saturday, April 23, 2011

Magical Moment 443, "No One was Ever Alone Again"

Recently, I discovered amongst a forgotten box of childhood knick knacks and clothes, a very precious book to me. I immediately squealed with joy when I saw the cover of this familiar, comforting book that I hadn't laid eyes on in...decades! I read each page, suddenly recalling the murky details of the colorful illustrations. 

The story is about a bunny who discovers a duck egg. The bunny stays with the egg until it hatches, and when it does, the bunny and duck become best friends. I remember very specifically the final line of this book, "And no one was ever alone again." What sweet peace and security that brought to me as a child. Because this was an Easter gift to me at the age of 2, I thought it would be appropriate to share some of the pages on this Easter Eve.








8 comments:

Regina Teague said...

ooooooh! I remember this book!!!!! Mom saved a lot of our books and gave many to my sons, and I love being able to read them to Ethan and Zach :)

Dawn said...

I LOVE this book:)))

Happy Easter dear blog-friend:)

Kim @ Stuff could... said...

It is so nice to find books like that. Our past life is precious...

Linda said...

This isn't one that I remember from my childhood, but it looks so sweet. Thanks for sharing. A blessed Easter to you, Elizabeth.

Deborah said...

Just lovely and the illustrations are just wonderful!

Steve Gravano said...

Happy Easter! Throughout my life there are memories that come back to me from the books I've read when I was young.

Susan in the Boonies said...

I remember that book!

Christ is risen indeed!

Happy Easter.

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Gina, Oh the memories!

Dawn, thank you and have a wonderful Easter as well. :)

Kim, yes these things always bring back nostalgia of days gone by. Thanks for the comment.

Linda, thank you. Hoping you have a wonderful holiday also.

Deborah, the illustrations seemed to have stuck with me after all these years. I guess there is a real "art" to illustrating children's books. Thanks for reading, and the comment!

Steve, thank you and Happy Easter to you as well. :)

Susan, You remember that book?!?! Amazing! It's a good one, eh? Happy Easter! :)