Friday, July 15, 2011

Magical Moment 526, "Airglide"

I had a flash back today...it had something to do with parachutes.

I harnessed up, and took off...

But the gear I wore today, was significantly less than before, and much more comfortable.

In the silent, peaceful sky, I remembered how beautiful it can be up there. Flying in slow motion...

Just enjoying the sky and clouds...

Today's scenery was just slightly different than in times past...

And landing today, was much less dreadful than crashing into a hot, dirt drop zone.

And the ride back...

Was considerably more enjoyable than previous times...

Which is better, you ask? Airborne or Airglide? Well, it's apples and oranges folks. But one thing I can say, you walk away from both with smile on your face.


9 comments:

texwisgirl said...

and i loved the parachute you had today - a big smiley face to share with someone you love! :)

Linda said...

I had a smile on my face all the way through this post. I used to want to do one of those para-sailing things, but I watch too much of America's Funniest Videos. :) And may I say...you were a beautiful soldier. And it's not easy to look beautiful in camouflage. No wonder Eddie was smitten.

Snappy Di said...

What a great moment and I can see why it was a flashback for you! How exciting... what would this world do without the Happy Face never having been invented! Wish I had that copyright. LOL Great post!!!!

Di

Dawn said...

You never cease to amaze me. I havent seen you in your past "camo-gear" before....(my boys would love it;)...It seems a complete contradiction to what I see now. You have lived on both sides. Braver than me for sure....I would go with the smiley face parachute side most definitely!!!!!
:)
Loved this post!!!!!
You 2 are perfect!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, this is so heartwarming. I love all the photos...you were smiling through BOTH situations.
YOU rock Sista!

Susan in the Boonies said...

See...I'd walk away with poop in my pants.

But that's just me...

roobo69 said...

Two different worlds; different challenges. But it looks like you two had a blast on the Airglide...

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Texwisgirl, that smiley face was actually pretty comforting!

Linda, I was dreading the crash into the water, but it wasn't bad at all. Thanks for the very kind words. :)

Di, funny thought! I wonder who DID invent it?!

Dawn, I have a feeling you are quite brave, Miss Triathlon! :) Thanks a bunch.

Suz, thanks! Glad you enjoyed.

Susan, you made me actually laugh out loud!!!

Robin, it was really neat. Thanks for the comment!

Kim @ Stuff could... said...

I love the smile on your face, it looks so peaceful today. I am proud of the previous service too.