Sunday, August 28, 2011

Magical Moment 569, "Goodbye Irene"


Last night I watched 2 heavy set ladies dancing in their yard. They provided their own soundtrack as the rain soaked them, singing, "Come On Irene" to the tune of Dexys Midnight Runner's, "Come on Eileen." They swayed and laughed, their very own rain dance.

In the middle of the night, Irene did come. We were fortunate to have little damage and injuries. Just water, wind, and some downed branches.




Goodbye Irene. Don't come again. 

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the visual of the ladies. good for them! glad irene wasn't as bad as she could have been there...

Susan in the Boonies said...

And good riddance! :-D

Glad you're OK!

Linda said...

I was disappointed that there was no video of the rain dance. :) I'm glad you survived. Hope Joy's signpost is okay.

roobo69 said...

Love those photos, especially the duck... I think you should take up photojournalism next. I'm pleased Irene wasn't too bad but at least provided some good photo opportunities and laughs (in terms of the two women).

Gary's third pottery blog said...

careful little doggie!

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is a LOT Of water. Glad all is well today....really, the visual of the dancing ladies made my morning.

Hilary said...

Glad to hear that you weathered the storm rather well. It could have been much worse. But.. now I can't get that song out of my head. That too, could have been worse. ;)