Monday, February 22, 2010

Magical Moment 18, "If I Could Choose"

I prefer wide grassland with subtle rolling hills stretched out to the horizon

over the beautiful slopes and cliffs of a mountain.

I would rather hear a melody from the beautiful, clear tone of a piano
than the orchestrated genius of a symphony.

I favor a night in with a rented movie, delivered pizza, and loved ones
over a night out, dressed up in a crowd.

I wish I had the money to see my sisters for a week
more than I want to vacation in the Bahamas.

I would choose my ipod full of treasured music
over a big screen with HBO.

I want to meet my great-grandparents
more than I want to meet a celebrity.


I hope I keep the things of true value a priority in my heart
rather than making it a priority to get valued things.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

You just put life where it needs to be, thank you