Monday, March 21, 2011

Magical Moment 410, "Come Spring"

An man once said in the frustration of the winter season, "I get so angry at the snow. It kills the plants and leaves my trees bare."

His wife reminded him, "The trees are bare, but they haven't been killed by the snow. All the moisture is giving them the strength they need to bloom again come spring."

And spring has come!

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!

~Thomas Blackburn, 
"An Easter Hymn"

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I would like to yell that out my front door!!!
"FLING OFF THY SADNESS"!!!!!!!!!!
(wintry earth!)
I think I'm packing up to move....

Love your blooms:)

Susan in the Boonies said...

And not a moment too soon!!!

Stuff could always be worse said...

I love pics of Spring :)
kim

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful!

Rick said...

Wonderful words in that poem to go along with your lovely shots !

A Chinese proverb: "Spring is recognized sooner by plants than by people".

ladyfi said...

Hurray for spring - so lovingly captured in your shots.

Stuff could always be worse said...

So Happy to see Spring!!!