Friday, July 1, 2011

Magical Moment 512, "Swimming in the Sky"

Eddie and I stumbled across a beautiful park in Bernardsville, NJ. I had never seen such a pristine paradise, and to top it all off, wouldn't you know it? A family of ducklings. (Click to enlarge) 

Five happy babies glided behind mamma through a perfectly painted masterpiece of sky.

The water was so clear, it was as if they swam through thin air.

This Blue Heron was surrounded by lush color, above and below him.

They camouflage well with the ripples they create.

And continue on to swim in the sky.

Until they hit a shallow point! Uh oh. It's not the sky after all. Could have fooled me.


6 comments:

Linda said...

Isn't it fun to find these "magical" places? You must visit this park often and share your experiences with us. Maybe the blue heron will give you some opportunities for close-ups.

texwisgirl said...

oh my goodness, these are gorgeous shots!!! encore! encore!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Linda, I'll definitely go back. Blue Heron - thanks, I'll change that. :)

Texwisgirl, thank you! :)

Kim @ Stuff could... said...

Wow this is so neat for me to see this family of ducks up close! Gorgeous!

Rick said...

Beautiful shots, Elizabeth ! Isn't it great when you 'stumble' onto a place like this ! And with such crystal clear water. Some of those shots look more like paintings !

Busy Bee Suz said...

I never ever tire of seeing Mama ducks with her babies...they are just the cutest!!!