Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Magical Moment 556, "From the Soundtrack"

It's not often that I learn a song strictly from sheet music. And it's even less often that I learn and memorize the whole thing in just one day. But I guess stranger things have happened.

This is a piece from the soundtrack of "The King's Speech." I let the credits roll just so I could hear the whole thing! I thought it might work to play for ballet class. Of course I have to chop it up first to make it "square." But I thought I 'd learn it in it's entirety before I did that. It's a little rough, but I wanted to record it while it was still in my head (it may fall out by tomorrow). 

This is a beautiful piece and I hope you enjoy it. (The movie's pretty good too!)

~~~
Other posts like this:

10 comments:

Linda said...

That was beautiful, Elizabeth. I haven't seen the movie, but it's been recommended to me by more than one person. I'd like to see it.

TexWisGirl said...

that was truly beautiful. on that note, i'm going to stop reading blogs and go to sleep... :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH ELIZABETH, gosh, thanks for giving us the video!

Deborah said...

Just beautiful!

Kim @ Stuff could... said...

Beautiful and I did not see the rough ending...sounded great to me!

Steve Gravano said...

Great! That's some beautiful piano playing. I'll buy a CD when you record it! ( Just don't put the skunk on the cover ;) )

Gary's third pottery blog said...

(in answer to your question, I sure would make that mug! Like, 'Stinkin' Lincoln' with a couple of pigs on there, HILARIOUS! email me if you are needful garyrith at yahoo dot com, thanks!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are amazing....playing it by ear???? I still have not seen the movie, but I will. SOON.

Tracy said...

Beautiful. Thought you would like to know BOTH my girls stopped what they were playing came over and watched/listened when they heard the music. :) they then asked me to play something else, I think you have 2 more fans. ;)

missing moments said...

Elizabeth, that is truly remarkable! And beautifully done! the movie was very good!