Monday, November 15, 2010

Magical Moment 284, "My Anthem"

This is a video taken at Riverside State Park in New York City's West Side. I always liked the song "Lodi" by CCR, but when I moved to northern NJ to be a struggling musician in NYC, it took on a brand new meaning. I now refer to it as my anthem.
"If I only had a dollar for every song I sung. Every time I had to play while people sat there drunk!"
The whole song applies to my life here so far but I sing the words with pride. The hard work is a badge of honor, and someday it will all pay off! Enjoy the video!

To see more videos from the Play Me, I'm Yours project, click here.

3 comments:

Eddie said...

I remember that piano and that park. It was a beautiful day. Lodi is growing on me too.

Dawn said...

Wooot!!!! Love it!
You are too cute:))) (Love the end smile too:))))

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Thanks Dawn :)