Friday, July 8, 2011

Magical Moment 519, "Not Flowers, Part II"

Here are the rest of the pictures taken at a local greenhouse of all things not flowers. It's just more proof that beauty is everywhere, in likely and unlikely subjects. The camera I'm using is a Canon Power Shot S95. We've owned the camera for a few months, but I've always kept it on "auto" and am just now starting to explore the many settings on it. It's so easy to use and I'm always impressed with how most photos turn out...it's making me wonder if maybe I'll work my way up to an SLR camera one day....hmmmm. :)

I gave them all names...they're not the technically correct names of the plant species...

Squiggles

Soft Star

Pointy Star

Praying hands.

Burnt leaf


Leaves on leaves

Flowers on flowers

Beautiful, soft colors. This turned out to be my favorite.

6 comments:

texwisgirl said...

those are all gorgeous shots and i like your names for them too! loved the praying hands. so hopeful. and the leaves on leaves is so neat!

Robin Malherbe said...

Ooh, I love the patterns!

Susan in the Boonies said...

This camera has really upped your game, babe! Love the pix! Great job!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, playing with my camera settings is my favorite past-time. You did great. I LOVE the names you gave them...who needs all those scientific botanical blah blah???
Oh, and if you work up to a DSLR, you will be amazed at the funness.
Yeah, that is a word.

Linda said...

These are lovely, Elizabeth. I do like your favorite. But I think mine is the "leaves on leaves."

Unknown Mami said...

Beauty is everywhere and there is a lot of it in this post. Hope you have a beautiful weekend.